How to Cook Steak in the Oven With Foil?
We all like to eat tasty food prepared in various ways for various purposes. One of the most popular meals all over the world is steak. There is a great variety of ways to cook. For example, many people prefer the oven-cooked steak in foil. You should wrap the meat into aluminum foil and wait until it is prepared. This method is very convenient, does not require a lot of time, wits, and energy. However, you should not think it’s that easy. You should know the basics to make things alright. This informative review provides the necessary instructions. Besides, it also offers other pieces of information related to the topic that will be vital for you.
Vital Ingredients and Data
If you intend to prepare a steak in foil in the oven, you will not face any difficulties. There are a few easy steps to prepare the steak in an oven. As it’s a foil-wrapped steak in the oven, you will require:
- A certain kind of steak;
- An oven;
- Aluminum foil.
Besides, you will require some ingredients. They all are different because all people have different preferences. Define how much meat you want to prepare. Afterward, be sure to have:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- ¼ tsp of black pepper;
- ¼ tsp of dried thyme;
- A minced clove of garlic;
- Salt, to your liking.
Do not be hasty about cutting the steak. After you season a steak, give it some time. Let it lie and get full of its own juices and the seasonings you want to add. Slice the steak (if it’s large) and wrap it into the foil. Be sure you have wrapped it tightly. Otherwise, the juices will pour out, and it won’t be ready in 7-10 minutes due to the leaks in the foil.
The duration of cooking in the oven ranges between 7 and 10 minutes for the first time and the other 7-10 minutes for the second time. It is necessary to heat the oven up to 450 F before cooking. When you finally insert the meat, opt for rare or medium-rare. The indications are:
- Rare: 125 degrees F or 52 degrees C for 7 minutes.
- Medium rare: 135 degrees F or 57 degrees C for 10 minutes.
When the first 7-120 minutes are over, remove and flip the steaks. The second round should also last 7-10 minutes. Once the time runs out, get the steaks out. Open the foil to let it breathe for some time, but do not take them out of the foil. Afterward, you may start to eat the baked steak in foil. It will surely be delicious.
Simple Instructions for All
There is nothing complicated about preparing beef in foil in the oven. We have already dwelled upon the timeframes, temperatures, and ingredients. Let’s check how to prepare the meat before it is inserted into the oven.
- Make the steak dry and get rid of the unnecessary fat.
- Drizzle olive oil with hands. You should rub it all over the steak.
- Add dried thyme, black pepper, salt, and any other seasonings to your liking.
- Seal the steak in the foil.
- Place it into the oven for 7-10. Afterward, flip it and place it for 7-10 minutes more.
- Live it for 5 minutes, and afterward, eat it.
Kinds of Steaks
The quality and taste of any steak depend on its type. There are various types, and each is specific after its own fashion. You should be choosy with cooking steak in tin foil and give heed to its quality, price, and other features. Let’s review the most common types here below:
- T-bone steak. It is a specific and the most popular steak type. It consists of two steaks that are divided by the bone in the form of the letter T. Accordingly, it took such a name.
- Filet mignon. This one is also called tenderloin. It’s a pretty pricey kind of steak because it is cut without bones, and its quality is extremely high. It is very juicy and delicious.
- New York strip. This one is cut from a very meaty place. Due to this peculiarity, it is not too tender. Nonetheless, it is very tasty, and you can nourish your body very fast.
- Ribeye steak. This one is very juicy and tender. The fat is distributed evenly throughout the part of the meat that is cut for a steak. You may opt for boneless and in-bone options.
Many people also ask questions similar to the topic of our article. That is why we have decided to answer two very popular questions.
Can I Cook Steak in the Oven in Foil?
The answer is positive. You can easily cook steak in the oven if you wrap it in foil. It won’t get spoiled, and it will taste the same as if it was prepared on the fire pan or grill. You don’t have to keep an eye on it. Just set the timer and choose the right temperature. When the time passes, your oven will put itself off, and your steak will be ready.
How Long Do I Put the Steak in the Oven?
If you intend to prepare the steak in the oven wrapped in foil, it will take from 7 to 10 minutes. It is necessary to set the time after you select the right temperature. It should be rare or medium-rare, and when you set it, you will have to wait for 7-10 minutes only. Make sure the steak is wrapped tightly to be prepared properly! This method is very fast and convenient for everyone.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the preparation of a steak in the oven, wrapping it in foil. Follow our simple instructions and get it ready in some 7-10 minutes only! Take into account other instructions and smart tips provided in our article. The type of steak and other points are crucial. They will surely help choose the right meat and make it tasty.